Quick bite: Zoet Cakes and Pastries




Color palette of decor and pastries
Quick bite: Zoet Cakes and Pastries
(blogging while waiting)

You gotta give credit to the owner who boldly named a shop after a Dutch word (for "sweet") that is subject to mispronunciation. It took me two cake pops (P35 apiece) and a blue berry cheesecake (whole, P650) before I learned that Zoet is read as /zoot/.

Cake pop
Its tiny but apple-pie order, five-table space bears comically modern wall decors, IG-photo-signature Aztec placemats, floral and fern fabric linen, and colored wine bottles. The red velvet cheesecake ice cream (P130) and double chocolate fudge met my mouth, and I wanted the creamy taste to linger a li'l longer. Their double chocolate fudge - at P55 - is a steal (Note: I don't repeat subjects unless it's worth it), while the chocolate sundae, P75, and red velvet cupcake, P65, stole the moist in my tongue with its dryness. I guess I expected too much from these desserts which have frequented location-based social networking sites.

The owner has dynamically reconciled customer demands by rebranding a pastry shop to "making-life-sweeter" showroom of export-quality goods, saccharine nibbles, and buffet spread (all-day breakfast and dinner menu).
The message on the wall decor is every sweet tooth's mantra

‪0335 Don Mariano Cui Street, Capitol Site‬, Cebu City, Philippines
09258444628
Open: Tuesdays - Sundays
10 am to 9 pm - weekdays
10am to 10 pm - weekends

Comments

Popular Posts