Quick bite: The Chocolate Chamber

Quick bite: The Chocolate Chamber
(Blogging while waiting for the order)

Edible treasures inside the chocovault
If chocolates were a currency, TCC would've been a bank, and the CEO & choconnoisseur, Racquel Choa, is no new-timer in the cacao business. Her house is literally filled with that heavy but aromatic scent one wishes to wake up to in the morning. She has started her legacy with all-you-can-eat, always-fully-booked Ralfe Gourmet (P185 per pax - wow!) and the nation was quick to  catch on. She and her edible art have been featured on mags, TV shows, blogs, and mall caravans, and yet, she remains exceedingly humble.

The Chocolate Chamber is Ralfe Gourmet's cousin who struck it rich overseas. The monogrammed linens and precious china would attest to its fine taste. The well-lighted space and spic-and-span interiors don't come close to being a chamber (denotative meaning of being "an enclosed cavity"). I appeal to the owner to rename it to The Chocolate Corner (since it's at the corner of the street), but then I'd be the only customer who'd get the geographical humor. They have more sweet options now that you can imagine: cookie butter spread, peanut butter spread, and cake (P100-150). I got cashew nuts and chocolate cake for P100. We give a reason for the diabetic and for those who count calories a reason to celebrate: Queen of Sheba (P175). I thought the Hibicus cacao concoction was a tad pricey. I could get their P150 cup for P50 in my mother's house, but then again, my parental unit lives 12 kms. away, so I'm gonna make this as-expensive-as-a-tall-Starbucks-order drink worth my time by wallowing in this chamber of happy hormones a li'l bit longer until my arse warms up the faux-mahogany chair. The verdict? I'll prolly hoard goodies form RG but hang out in TCC more often. 
My pretty attorney, Alexa, who's every bit of a chocoholic as I am!
Tip-off: Watch out for the chocolate haiku, a three-tiered platter of sandwiches, scones, pralines, and chocolate drink (P500).
Address: President Quirino Street Corner Magsaysay Street Barangay Kasambagan Cebu City, Cebu Philippines 6000
Open: Mondays-Saturdays 9:00AM – 9:00PM
Contact Edu Patino - +63917 628 7661.

Comments

Popular Posts